At Civic, we provide accommodation, employment and social connectivity to more than 750 individuals living with disability. Founded more than 60 years ago, we are an ambitious, forward-thinking organisation, and have built on our solid heritage to emerge as a true leader in the disability sector.
Defining ourselves as a ‘for-purpose' organisation, our goal is to improve the outcomes for individuals with disability by investing in innovation, technologies and pilot ideas which drive forward the delivery of disability services. By joining us, you’ll discover what the future of disability services could look like.
People are at the heart of everything we do, and we invest in our staff, recognising that it takes a community of truly talented individuals to work with others to promote independence, participation and inclusion.
About the Service
Civic is partnering with Summer Housing in a vertical integration model of support in an apartment building located in Norwest. The model provides individuals with the opportunity to live independently in a community setting with tailored supports and on call added assistance, upon request.
About the Role
Civic Vertical Living provides a quality concierge support function 24 hours a day, which runs separately to individual support services for tenants, and provides individuals with unplanned support, if needed in their home.
Reporting to and supported by the regional Operations Manager, you will be responsible for supervising and supporting a new and growing team of Disability Support Workers.
As a practice leader your work will be fast paced and diverse. You will be responsible for:
• Mentoring your team, identifying gaps in training and providing positive, supportive direction as required.
• Overseeing the provision of support that is underpinned and delivered in line with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Framework, a person-centred approach, and Civic values.
• Ensuring your team are working to provide quality support for each tenant, as per their requests.
• Onboarding new disability support workers into the team, ensuring they are set up for success at Civic.
• Communicating with and maintaining effective relationships with senior operations teams and head office.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with local community partners and networks.
• Ensuring accurate records are completed by team.
We are looking for applicants who exhibit the following:
• Degree or diploma in social work, community services, disability, education, nursing, allied health, health or similar OR a Certificate IV in Disability, but experience as a support worker is required.
• Experience as a support worker or in a client facing role as such an RN, paramedic, teacher, psychologist, OT, or speech therapist would be advantageous.
• Experience setting up new services and mentoring a new team is advantageous.
• Previous experience leading people is desirable.
• Calming attitude when working under pressure / high intensity situations and the ability to keep others calm and supported in such situations (in person or remotely).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a passion for providing an exceptional customer experience.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence.
What We Offer
• Flexible working hours
• Working from home arrangements available for discussion
• Training and career development opportunities
• Competitive remuneration package
• Salary packaging
• Employee exclusive discounts
To apply, visit https://aurion.civic.org.au/jobs/ and complete the online application. Please ensure you attach a resume and cover letter, letting us know why you are suitable for the role.
Please note that if you are invited to interview for this position you will be asked to consent to a criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not automatically bar you from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Curious to Learn More?
Email Brent Bell, Operations Manager, on Brent.Bell@civic.org.au to arrange for a confidential chat to answer all your questions.